Horizon Rangers Program
DeFi is a wild nature adventure. It has the potential of providing everyone with financial freedom, but freedom comes with responsibilities. New users to crypto will feel challenged as they take their first steps towards owning their finances in DeFi, where they move away from the comfort of the centralized exchanges that brought them here and enter the world of self custody.
What if there were people providing advice and support on how to manage their wallets and tokens? What if there were guidelines on how to better understand the risks of investing and finance, information that can provide a solid and reliable foundation to understanding DeFi so that real profits can be generated in the long term? A community that shares knowledge and supports each other would be a great place to be a part of.
To further empower future users of DeFi, we are excited to roll out the Horizon Rangers program.
What is a Horizon Ranger?
Horizon Rangers is an ambassador program that brings together people in the community who are passionate and interested in providing educational content about DeFi and Horizon Protocol to the larger crypto community. Horizon Rangers will be in charge of supporting and sharing content in crypto channels, as well as creating guidelines and content that will help onboard new users and spread awareness in the crypto and Horizon Protocol ecosystem. Horizon Rangers are the keepers of the forests, regional leaders committed to supporting the growth of DeFi and Horizon Protocol in their local communities to help accelerate the community and project growth.
We are very grateful to see many community members already stepping up and volunteering to help the community’s growth. The Horizon Ranger program will make these personal initiatives more formal and structured so we can provide better support and incentives.
What does a Horizon Ranger do?
Responsibilities of a Horizon Ranger can include the following:
- Share and provide helpful information around DeFi and Horizon Protocol in other community channels.
- Create a positive environment to help users better understand the fundamentals and value of DeFi and synthetic assets.
- Use Telegram, Discord, Reddit, and/or Twitter to represent Horizon Protocol as a Horizon Ranger and play an active role in advocating for the project on social media on a daily/weekly basis.
- Help create constructive discussions around Horizon Protocol, HIPs, the product’s user experience, and the project’s future.
- Create knowledge and engaging content that invites and brings users into the Horizon Protocol community.
- Translate documents, articles, and social media posts.
- Create image content for infographics to help visualize the educational content around DeFi and Horizon Protocol.
- Create video content that can be posted on YouTube or other channels.
- Maintain regional community channels to develop stronger relationships with, and get close to the communities at a regional/country level.
- Represent Horizon Protocol in offline and online events.
- Help to provide insight for influencer collaboration and project partnership
Benefits of being a Horizon Ranger
- You’ll have access to an exclusive Horizon Ranger-only group, with a direct communication line with Horizon Protocol Core team members and be involved in discussions in regards to Horizon Protocol’s future developments and updates.
- Get involved with internal product tests with early access.
- Grow together with Horizon Protocol, and have the opportunity to move from Horizon Ranger to other roles in the ecosystem. Develop strong functional skills, increase your career capital and build your professional portfolio.
- Receive funding for hosting local meetups and workshops where applicable.
- Appreciation and recommendation letters that will help to enhance your career.
As a Horizon Ranger, you will receive recognition and a chance to receive rewards in the form of HZN tokens based on your contribution.
- The Horizon Rangers program is a Volunteer Program. However, there will be incentives shared in the form of tokens based on the quality of the contributions that the individual made.
- Content created by a Horizon Ranger will be reviewed, and the final decision on whether or not to use the content will be made by the Horizon Protocol Core Team.
- If any ambassador/ranger is found doing malpractice, he/she will be directly removed from the program without any notice.
Submit your application today, and become the next Horizon Ranger!