The official launch of Horizon Genesis on BSC is just around the corner! In the meantime, we wanted to give the community a bit of a sneak-peak of the exciting new features available.
The improved minter for Horizon includes four main operations vital to the protocol:
- Stake HZN/Mint zUSD — Pool your HZN on Horizon Protocol and mint zUSD. Multiple preset Conservative, Neutral, and Aggressive minting strategies are available . You can also create your own strategy that best suits your investment style.
2. Burn zUSD — Manage and maintain your debt/collaterization-ratio.
3. Claim HZN — Claim to your newly rewarded HZN (test tokens for now of course).
Participate in Horizon Genesis Testnet
Note: This is a testnet, with test tokens (HZN). There are no actual rewards distributed during this phase.
All actions are completed on the Binance Smart Chain testnet. Horizon Genesis supports Binance Wallet, Metamask, and TrustWallet.
Connecting to BSC Testnet via Binance Wallet:
Select ‘Binance Smart Chain Test Network’ on the Binance Wallet web extension to be able to directly connect after confirmation.
Connecting to BSC Testnet via Metamask:
- Log on Metamask
- In “Networks” dropdown, select “Custom RPC”
Type in below configurations:
- Network name: BSC
- New RPC URL: https://data-seed-prebsc-1-s1.binance.org:8545
- Chain id: 97
- Symbol: BNB
- Explore url: https://testnet.bscscan.com
Testnet token Faucet
To participate in the testnet, the team has setup an automatic ‘faucet’ to receive test HZN tokens for use on Genesis.
Binance Token (BNB) Faucet: https://testnet.binance.org/faucet-smart
- You’ll need to get BNB first in order to do any transactions on BSC testnet.
- Simply input your Binance Smart Chain address above to receive BNB, this will be used for gas/transactions.
- Click ‘Connect to Web3’ to connect to your BSC testnet address via Metamask.
- Enter “1000000000000000000000” “2. claimHZN”to receive 1,000 HZN test tokens (note: format is in uint256) . Max you can request is 1,000.
The best way to understand a synthetic assets platform is to simply explore all the new features and functions of Horizon Genesis in a test environment! Try out each of the above functions. Keep in mind, this is NOT a final product and bugs/issues may exist. If you find any, please let us know.
Further, we would love to get your feedback on the platform — what did you like, not like, what would you change, or what did you find confusing?
This is a complex protocol, and we want to ensure it works and is tailored for everyone.