Fresh Roadmap for the New Quarter
In this update we would like to bring you our latest roadmap. With the launch of Horizon Exchange getting closer day by day, we understand that people are curious about next steps and so we wanted to take this opportunity to fill you guys in with a new format to our roadmap. In the previous roadmaps we would list every year, and place generalized tasks in each corresponding quarter. This structure made it less flexible for us if we want to change focus or direction or if we face unexpected delays. We are adopting a new format where we list the upcoming quarter’s main objectives and the rest of our project’s objectives are placed in an unsorted backlog, or pipeline, that we can draw from as we complete goals.
We believe these changes can provide the community with more focused information on what’s going on right now as well as provide a view into where we are headed in the longer term.
Below you will find the new roadmap, plus some explanation on what has changed and why.
The first thing you will notice is that the years and quarters have been removed. Instead, we will only be focusing on the current quarter. There are several reasons for this change:
- In the ever-changing cryptoverse, it is required for us to be flexible. This roadmap structure offers us that.
- It keeps everyone laser-focused on what’s most important in the near future.
- Since we are committed to only useful, secure and more polished products that inevitably take more time, we will no longer be committing to public timelines and instead will only provide shorter term estimates on our current quarter’s objectives. We are growing our team and increasing our bandwidth so the roadmap could also be accelerated based on growing developer resources.
We will however be updating the roadmap more frequently, adjusting items as we go. This should offer more transparency on the current status, as was frequently requested by the community. Our current estimate is to update it at least once per quarter.
- UX/UI upgrades
- Adding new zAssets
These are items that essentially never end. zAssets will keep getting added on Horizon Exchange. The user-interface and user-experience will continuously improve depending on the feedback we get from our community.
Coming Up in Q2
- Horizon Exchange — Mainnet
- Horizon Genesis 2.0 — Testnet / Mainnet
- Horizon Dashboard 1.5 — Testnet / Mainnet
- Horizon Academy Beta
- Chainlink Keeper integration
Besides the ongoing tasks, these are the items that we’re currently focused on getting delivered in Q2. Below we will briefly explain each item.
Needless to say, this has our highest priority. It’s been long-awaited, the community has been eager to see it in action, with testnet we offered you some hands-on experience, and your feedback showed us how highly the community thinks of it.
Horizon Genesis v2.0
We will be providing needed updates to Horizon Genesis and will be launching a brand new version that includes improved UX and new features such as debt tracking analytics, escrow rewards tracking and many more. Stay tuned for a future update about Horizon Genesis 2.0.
Horizon Dashboard v1.5
We will be introducing new trackable metrics for Horizon Exchange and updates to UI for the same reason as above; provide the necessary data to HZN stakers and traders. We will also be releasing a future update about Horizon Dashboard 1.5.
Horizon Academy Beta
As our products expand, so will our docs. Our current docs won’t be able to host everything that we have planned, while keeping them comprehensible for the reader. This is why we want to introduce Horizon Academy. Horizon Academy is a knowledge base for all things related to Horizon Protocol. Definitions, explanations, tutorials, FAQs, will all be added and linked to Horizon Academy for easy access.
In the Pipeline
- Collateralized zAsset Shorting
- zBaskets (Market Index zAssets)
- Trading Competitions / Social Trading
- Add new zAsset collateral options/wrappers
- Integrate Chainlink Keepers
- Bridge to ETH and incentivize staking pools on Uniswap
- Horizon Governance (HIPs) 1.0
- Perpetual Futures Trading 1.0
- Options Trading 1.0
- … many more!
These are items that are planned to be added to Horizon Protocol after we complete our current objectives. As time goes on, these items will be moved into our active quarter goals when we get there. These items are in no particular order, so we are eager to hear what excites you guys the most or if there are items that are not on the list that should be, please let us know!
- Horizon Exchange 1.0 Testnet
- Horizon Genesis 1.0 Mainnet
- Horizon Genesis 1.0 Testnet
- Horizon Staker + 3 Pools
- PancakeSwap IFO
- Horizon Protocol Smart Contract Deployment Mainnet
This shows everything that has been completed thus far. Expect this to become a whole lot more!
Let us know on our social channels — links are at the bottom — what excites you the most of the new roadmap! And please do let us know what you would like to see added/changed regarding the items listed above.
Stay up to date and join the conversation at: